Executive Sous Chef
The Chef and I is looking for motivated, creative and highly personable individuals who have a desire to be on stage in the culinary arena. Do you have a flair for cooking and showcasing your culinary skills? If so this is the position for you. We are an interactive experience in a restaurant setting. Show your skills, personality and penchant for the limelight in a one of a kind atmosphere.
Imagine cooking in a setting where you can express your creativity and love for food with your guests. Get instant reaction as you interact with our patrons as they try that first bite that you just created for them. There is nothing like it. Check us out @ http://www.thechefandicatering.com and learn more about us.
As the Executive Sous Chef you will be responsible for the day to day operations of all workings of the restaurant kitchen, you will assist Executive Chef Chris Rains in every facet of the restaurant operation. You will be one of the faces of the restaurant and will be upheld to the highest standards in execution of each and every plate. This is a working position, in addition to the daily tasks you will be cooking and leading your team during all peak meal periods. Email your resume, goals and a short essay on why you love cooking and would be a good fit for The Chef and I to: Nashvillehospitalitypostion@gmail.com
- Running the kitchen on a day to day basis
- Lead and inspire the brigade to ensure the kitchen runs smoothly at all times
- Mentor junior chefs and develop their skills and passion
- Assist the executive chef in menu compilation and possess an in depth knowledge of the menu
- Create weekly creations for menu
- Ordering and cost controls / waste management
- Oversee inventory control and receiving processes
- Have a knowledge and compliance to all heath department regulations and temperature controls / follow thru and implemented systems
- Work in tandem with the FOH managers to create a cohesive atmosphere
- Maintain projected food cost percentage
- Infectious personality and professionalism in hospitality
- Dedication to your craft / continuing your knowledge and growth
Salary is based on experience and qualifications
Good luck! We can’t wait to meet the new member of our family!